Sunday, January 29, 2012

Write The Vision

Image: Paul / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
How many times have you had a dream or a desire to accomplish something?

Everyone has. It is within the genetic makeup of each and every human being.

Why then do some people achieve greatness and some suffer in mediocrity?

I firmly believe it is because they didn't have a plan, and if they did have a plan they didn't write it out.

Their is even a passage in the Book of Habakkuk from the Old Testament that admonishes us to write out the vision:
Then the Lord answered me,
“Write the vision.
Make it clear on tablets
so that anyone can read it quickly.
The vision will still happen at the appointed time.
It hurries toward its goal.
It won’t be a lie.
If it’s delayed, wait for it.
It will certainly happen.
It won’t be late..."
I have found that when I have a gameplan, and I write down what I want to accomplish (my goals) then I am much more likely to follow through and take the necessary steps to achieve those goals, thus fulfilling my vision.

And I know how easy it is to create something like this on the computer or tablet. But I have found that when I personalize it by writing it on paper in my handwriting, it is more impactful than if it is just in a document on the harddrive or "in the cloud."

Even better than writing it on paper, buy one of those dry-erase boards and mount it in your office or bedroom so that it's BIG and you see it every single day.

Keep your eye on the prize, keep your feet on the ground, but keep reaching for the stars.

I'm pulling for you. Even if nobody else is.



If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and followers and let us know your thoughts in the comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always your comments, questions, and even your rebuttals are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

ShareThis