Friday, August 20, 2010

The More I Learn, The Less I Know

When it comes to the business of being in business, you've got to stay on top of your game.

I try to keep tabs on the latest and greatest tools on the market. If there is something that will improve my efficiency, I can complete the project faster and get paid faster.

I try to keep up with relevant blogs and articles that come my way about business in general, as well as the industries of my client base, because it pays to know what your clients know - and assorted other topics like social media, search engine optimization, HTML for websites, etc.

And in addition to reading articles and books, I try to attend as many networking events and seminars that my already overly full schedule will allow.

But it seems that the more information that I gather from these sources, the more I realize how much more there is out there to learn.

I've only just barely started to scuff the surface - not even scratch the surface yet - of SEO (search engine optimization) for the company website.

Every day I figure out a more appropriate way to handle a situation in the operation of the business.

Almost hourly, I will see where someone has "tweeted" about a blog article that I need to read about something that might be unnecessary or trivial to someone else, but it's something that I've been meaning to investigate anyway. For instance, just today, I saw a link to an article that showed me how to create and configure a custom icon for our website.

So I encourage you, if you are a business owner, or want to go into business for yourself. Be prepared, you may have to lose some sleep in order to keep up with all the research and study that will be required because as a business owner, you are officially enrolled in the School of Ongoing Education.

A real close friend of mine, you might even call him a mentor, told me that the human brain is like a body of water, if it doesn't continue to progress, it stagnates. And the stagnant mind or a stagnant business - STINKS!

If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and followers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always your comments, questions, and even your rebuttals are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

ShareThis